Welcome to the Newletter page of our website! Feel free to browse around and see what
else is here. Check out the menu bar on th top ↑ of the page.
Pray for One Another
To request prayer, email email@example.com
or call/text (520) 709-0815
Our pastors and their families
Our board members
The many unspoken requests
RJ and Valerie Thibodeaux's granddaughter Judy and Clarence
Mary Ann Watson's daughter, Kristy
Brenda Hathaway and Karen Springer's brother
Talma Harmon's friend Charles Dews
Frank and Dawn Sundstrom
Mary Ann Watson's friend
Talma Harmon's family
Make sure you're a part of our Facebook group to get prayer requests as they come in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/21109057279
Bible Reading Plan
Don't worry if you missed the first 32 weeks, just pick up the Bible today and start here!
Click the links below to read online
Verse of the Week
Click here to read the verse in context.
North Dakota church to open immigration center
A Nazarene church in rural North Dakota is preparing to meet its community’s needs by opening an immigration office. The office will provide low-cost, local services for many in North Dakota who need help with legal immigration or starting their path to citizenship.
The idea for the project began when a Nazarene church in Iowa reached out to Southside Church of the Nazarene’s lead pastor, Scott Mehlhoff, to share about its own immigration center. Mehlhoff was intrigued by the idea and consulted with the Southside Spanish congregation about their needs.
“I started listening to the stories of these people,” Mehlhoff said. “The paperwork, the distance, the cost; it is what helped us get more interested after the Nazarene church in Iowa recommended that we do this.”
The story of a woman from the Spanish congregation who recently became a citizen of the United States stood out.
“She had to travel all the way to Minneapolis to do the work,” Mehlhoff said. “It didn’t matter if it was winter; she still needed to be in Minneapolis to go to her hearing. When we were made aware of the fact that we could really help people in our area in this way, we became really interested because of the hardship we’ve seen our people go through.”
The drive to Minneapolis, Minnesota, is eight hours if weather conditions are favorable. Some have to drive even farther to New York or Omaha, Nebraska, and hire a lawyer from those cities, often at a considerable cost.
To help combat that cost, the center will be staffed with volunteers who have completed training through the Department of Justice.
“When these people have been here and have been working in our community, we want to find a way to help them,” Mehlhoff said.
According to Mehlhoff, the decision to open this immigration center “…just goes back to who we are as Christians.”
“When we see a need, we try to step up and help our neighbor and be a good Samaritan,” Mehlhoff said. “This is just another way that we can be a good Samaritan.”
The immigration center will be housed in an old building the church purchased to expand the sanctuary. Not long after the purchase, the church decided to dedicate part of the new space to offices since a few pastors were sharing one office. That decision became a crucial part of the new immigration center.
“[A volunteer] came to me and said, ‘The coolest thing about it is they’re requiring us to have our own offices,’” Mehlhoff said. “And we were already in the process of building those offices. We just felt it was a confirmation that we were headed in the right direction. The Lord drew us to this building because the Lord wants us to do this ministry.”
by Daniel Sperry for Nazarene News | 23 Jul 2021
Opportunities to Give and Serve
Shelley Butler is looking for voluteers to make a meal for our new weekly K-12 Hangout.
There will be a rotation or you may just do it once.
Contact Shelley @ 928-713-0735
Donations of clothes for infant to adult are currently being accepted.
Thank you so much, for your continued generosity of both time and resources.
Your gifts make a difference!
Contact Barbara Keeler: (520) 709-8925
You may always designate how you would like your offerings to be used for Mosaic Ministries besides our general fund. Here are some ministries in which you may want your offerings to go:
✎ LoveWorks ✎ Children's Ministry ✎ MOPs ✎ Prison Ministry
✎ Outreach ✎ Women's Ministry ✎ Facilities Upgrade Fund
Check our UPDATES page for new things.
For our live Google calendar go HERE
~ Remeber to check our UPDATES page
(for all your Mosaic news)
~ See our services on YouTube! RIGHT HERE
Our services can also be viewed on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mosaicnazareneflorence
M O S A I C K I D S
This weeks topic is:
New program! Tell your neighbors, family, and friends!
❓❓ Bible Trivia ❓❓
New CHALLAGE! Be the first to email me with the most correct and get a PRIZE! mosaicnazarene.org
1. Q: Which NT book has Jesus' Sermon on the Mount?
2. Q: Where did they live at the beginning of the world?
3. Q: How many people were saved on the ark?
4. Q: How did Esau respond when his birthright was taken?
5. Q: What did Joseph tell the brothers to do next time they came back to Egypt?
6. Q: When David wanted to fight Goliath, what did Saul try to give him?
7. Q: How did Saul 9of the OT) die?
8. Q: When the two armies battled, what happened to Absalom’s hair?
9. Q: What happened to the kingdom after Solomon’s rule?
10. Q: When Bathsheba got pregnant, what did David make happen to Uriah?
Answers will posted on the next Newsletter.
Last weeks answers:
1. Q: Who bought Joseph from the Ishmaelites? A: Potiphar, captain of the Pharaoh’s guards
2. True or False: Jesus said the OT rules don’t matter anymore. A: False – See Matt 5:17
3. Q: What does Jesus says is the second commandment? A: Love your neighbor as yourself.
4. Q: How many deacons were chosen to help the apostles to distribute food to widows?
5. Q: What happened after Jesus was buried in the tomb? A: He rose again
6. Q: How many lepers did Jesus heal when only 1 returned? A: 10
7. Q: Name the demon Jesus cast out in the region of the Gerasenes? A: Legion
8. Q: Besides preaching, name an activity Jesus did while traveling in Galilee. A: Healing the sick and casting out demons.
9. Q: What problem did Bartimaeus have that Jesus fixed? A: He was blind
10. Q: Who conquered Judah and took Daniel to their country? A: Babylonians
Social Distancing Guidelines
Please practice social distancing on the church property as much as possible
Sanitizer and masks are available at the front table
If you feel sick or have a temperature, please stay home
Communion elements will be available on a table as you enter the church
Offering will be taken as you exit the church after service
Surfaces will be regularly cleaned and sanitized
Thanks for respecting the guidelines and one another!