Welcome to the Newletter page of our website! Feel free to browse around and see what
else is here. Check out the menu bar on th top ↑ of the page.
Pray for One Another
To request prayer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call/text (520) 709-0815
Our pastors and their families
Our board members
The many unspoken requests
The Billings Family
Dani Miller and her son Paxton
Lois Severson and family
Neal and Jan Larson's friend, Gary
Alice Romano and family
Ellita and Steven Vickers and family
Make sure you're a part of our Facebook group to get prayer requests as they come in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/21109057279
Bible Reading Plan
Don't worry if you missed the first 37 weeks, just pick up the Bible today and start here!
Click the links below to read online
Verse of the Week
Click here to read the verse in context.
Redeemed to Serve
The American dream: I had it all! Well, okay . . . it all belonged to my mom and stepdad, but everything—from education to vacations, from clothes to cars—was at my fingertips. Despite having it all, my heart was still yearning for authentic, unconditional love that would give me purpose. This undefined longing led me to alcohol, drugs, and people who promised to love me, all in an effort to fill an empty void. This road led, as it always often does, to separation from my family and losing many friendships.
Rejected by family and friends, I was living with my boyfriend, Sam, in a trailer park. One morning I found myself staring at a Bible that had been accidently left behind by someone who came to party with us. Being very fond of crime stories and mysteries, I had the habit of reading the last chapter of books first. I remembered back to my days at the Christian school I attended when I was growing up. It seemed that often we would start religion classes in Genesis but never made it to the New Testament, much less to the last chapter. As I stared at the Bible in front of me, I thought aloud: “I wonder if there is an ending to that book.” I picked it up and began in Revelation.
Two hours later, Sam was rushing home to check on me. Why? After finishing Revelation, I immediately called him on the phone and said, “Jesus is coming back.” When he arrived home, I talked more about what I had been reading. We decided that day we needed to go to church but didn’t act immediately. A few weeks later, after a very late Saturday night, we found ourselves wide awake early on Sunday morning. Waking up early was unusual for us; we were reminded of our decision and headed to church.
We arrived at 11:00 on the dot and were ushered to the second row in the sanctuary. The message I heard that day was about drugs, alcohol, and living in sin. My heart dropped and the blood drained from my face. I was caught. As the congregation stood for the benediction song, the pastor gave an invitation to come forward. I stood still for two verses until I heard someone say, “Do you want to go up?” It was Sam. I replied, “I guess we could.” So we did.
That day, we repented of our sins and were made right with God. We were delivered from addictions that held us captive.
On our way home, I accepted Sam’s proposal to marry him, and six days later, we were married. Many other miracles ensued over the next few months, but the most important testimony Sam and I can give after 27 years is that God is able, and God is faithful.
The sermon we heard at church that day happened to be recorded. On our 20th anniversary, I obtained a copy of it, and we played it in the parsonage of the church I now pastor. To my surprise, the message was not on drugs and alcohol at all, the way I had remembered and had felt the Lord impress upon my heart years ago. The pastor’s invitation was for couples to come forward—those who would like to serve the Lord in fulltime ministry. We, along with the others, had responded. Our sovereign God works in mysterious ways!
Camelot Shuff is pastor of Newport News Church of the Nazarene in Newport News, Virginia, where she has served since 2015.
Opportunities to Give and Serve
Mother's Of Preschoolers is underway! We need people to cuddle babies while parents receive Godly guidance and support just once or twice per month.
Contact - Bonnie Strunk (480) 296-1831.
Donations of clothes for infant to adult are currently being accepted.
Thank you so much, for your continued generosity of both time and resources.
Your gifts make a difference!
Contact Barbara Keeler: (520) 709-8925
Things we need: ➤Your Time ➤Diapers and pull ups in Newborn, 1,2,3,4,5 ➤Wipes ➤Baby Food (no formula) ➤Lotion ➤Your Monetary donation ➤Canned Food
💚Green Drop box in Foyer💚
You may always designate how you would like your offerings to be used for Mosaic Ministries besides our general fund. Here are some ministries in which you may want your offerings to go:
✎ LoveWorks ✎ Children's Ministry ✎ MOPs ✎ Prison Ministry
✎ Outreach ✎ Women's Ministry ✎ Facilities Upgrade Fund
Check our UPDATES page for new things.
For our live Google calendar go HERE
~ Remeber to check our UPDATES page
(for all your Mosaic news)
~ See our services on YouTube! RIGHT HERE
Our services can also be viewed on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mosaicnazareneflorence
M O S A I C K I D S
This weeks topic is:
Read God's Book
❓❓ Bible Trivia ❓❓
New CHALLAGE! Be the first to email me with the most correct and get a PRIZE! mosaicnazarene.org
1. Q: What is the longest book in the Bible?
2. Q: What golden image did the Israelites make at Mt. Sinai?
3. Q: What happened the idol which was beside the Ark in the enemy’s temple?
4. Q: Who was David’s son that became king?
5. Q: How many of Jesus’ brothers are named in the Bible?
6. Q: Who was exiled to an island?
7. Q: How many rules does Jesus use to summarize all the OT rules? 8. True or False: The more words we say makes our prayers better. 9. Q: Name the two Old Testament people who appeared when Jesus was
10. Q: Whose dream did Daniel interpret in Babylon?
Answers will posted on the next Newsletter.
Last weeks answers:
1. Q: When Saul conquered the Amalekites, what person did he keep as a prisoner instead of killing like God said to? A: The king, Agag
2. Q: What did David take from the brook to fight Goliath with? A: Five stones
3. Q: What prophet did King Saul ask to speak to for advice?
4. Q: What capital city did David abandon as Absalom came towards it? A: Jerusalem
5. Q: How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus came to visit? A: Four days
6. True or False: Jesus ask the children to stay back while he was teaching important things to grown-ups. A: False – Jesus welcomed children
7. Q: How many lepers did Jesus heal when only 1 returned? A: 10
8. Q: Name the two Old Testament people who appeared when Jesus was transfigured? A: Elijah and Moses
9. Q: How did Paul and Silas respond to the jailer after an earthquake set them free from prison? A: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
10. True or False: Bananas are a fruit of the Spirit? 🍌
A: False – Bananas are a gift from God but not considered spiritual fruit in Galatians 5.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Please practice social distancing on the church property as much as possible
Sanitizer and masks are available at the front table
If you feel sick or have a temperature, please stay home
Communion elements will be available on a table as you enter the church
Offering will be taken as you exit the church after service
Surfaces will be regularly cleaned and sanitized
Thanks for respecting the guidelines and one another!