Welcome to the Newletter page of our website! Feel free to browse around and see what
else is here. Check out the menu bar on th top ↑ of the page.
Pray for One Another
To request prayer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call/text (520) 709-0815
Our pastors and their families
Our board members
The world as we all continue to navigate this Covid-19 pandemic.
The many unspoken requests
A family in our nieghborhood
Barbara Gionfriddo'a sister-in-law, Linda
Walt and Marlene Ballard's grandson, Kyle
Lois Pierce's granddaughter
Talma Harmon's son, KC
Make sure you're a part of our Facebook group to get prayer requests as they come in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/21109057279
Bible Reading Plan
Click the links below to read online
Verse of the Week
Click here to read the verse in context.
Mexico Nazarenes create board game to reach community
This story is a first-person account from Eunice Zaragoza Leal, which appeared in Transform the Globe, a discipleship blog run by Scott Armstrong.
When we joined the short-term missions trip Missions without Limits, we could not have imagined how we would engage in missions in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. As the date approached, our entire team in Cadereyta, Mexico, began to experience various trials.
We lost family members to illnesses, and some members of our own group became sick. We watched the number of COVID-19 cases climb in the state where we would be working. As the governmental restrictions grew tighter, the canceling of several activities as well as the closing of parks and recreational places became the norm. However, we kept our desire alive and saw the situation as an opportunity to grow in creativity while developing new strategies as God led us to carry out His mission.
As we trained and met in advance preparation for Missions without Limits, we thought of creating a board game—something attractive, eye-catching, and interesting. The game would have three objectives: to encourage healthy family recreation at home, to share the gospel, and to let the community of Cadereyta know about the church’s reopening. In addition, we included QR codes, which grabbed the attention of adults and children.
God made sure that our team would include the perfect combination of people in order to make this evangelistic idea a reality: a programmer, a graphic designer, and several young people familiar with social media joined our group.
Once we laid out the general idea, the graphic designer, Marco Iván Portillo Noriega, put his talents into action. After exploring many options and styles for the game, we created squares that would reference a Bible story each from both the Old and New Testaments, respectively, intending to get the players interested in the details of the story.
At the same time, “reward” and “setback” squares were included, emphasizing that good values help us while bad habits harm us. We expected that the game would promote moral values, especially in children, so they could begin to equate their good and bad actions with the subsequent consequences.
We printed around 400 board games and included several dice. We practiced the game repeatedly to check the performance. It was a tiring process for the team, but when we finally delivered the game to the families of the community, we saw the result. In the days that followed, the number of visits to the church’s website increased significantly. Weeks after, we have followed up with many families, and they are responding to the salvation message! We praise our God because He has limitless creativity!
We thank our entire team that made this idea come true: Amisadai Hernández Argueta, Verónica Ornelas, Alan Alberto Chong Ojeda, Astrid Castillo Garza, Ricardo Adrián Cena Álvarez, Erika Lorena Saldaña Ramírez, Gustavo Ramos Flores, Aracely Leal Gil, Marco Iván Portillo Noriega, and Eunice Zaragoza Leal.
--Church of the Nazarene Mesoamerica
by Eunice Zaragoza Leal for Transform the Globe| 01 Apr 2021
Opportunities to Give and Serve
We have a volunteer cleaning crew who meets on Friday morning to make the church building sparkling clean.
Would you like to help?
Just come to Mosaic on Friday morning at 8:30am.
See you there!
Donations of clothes for infant to adult are currently being accepted.
Thank you, for your continued generosity of both time and resources. Your gifts make a difference!
Contact Barbara Keeler: (520) 709-8925
You may always designate how you would like your offerings to be used for Mosaic Ministries besides our general fund. Here are some ministries in which you may want your offerings to go:
✎ LoveWorks ✎ Children's Ministry ✎ MOPs ✎ Prison Ministry
✎ Outreach ✎ Women's Ministry ✎ Facilities Upgrade Fund
Check our UPDATES page for new things.
For our live Google calendar go HERE
~ Remeber to check our UPDATES page
(for all your Covid-19 time and general Mosaic news)
~ See our services on YouTube! RIGHT HERE
M O S A I C K I D S
This weeks topic is:
God starts something good in you!
❓❓ Bible Trivia ❓❓
New CHALLAGE! Be the first to email me with 100% correct and get a PRIZE! mosaicnazarene.org
1. Q: Which human author wrote the most words in the Bible?
2. Q: In what language was most of the Old Testament given?
3. Q: Who was the first son Abraham had?
4. Q: What position of power was Joseph given by the Pharaoh?
5. Q: When Pharaoh changed his mind and sent his army after the slaves, where did they meet at?
6. Q: What Philistine woman asked Samson what his power came from?
7. Q: What was King Saul’s punishment for disobeying?
8. Q: Name the city where Jesus was born?
9. Q: Name the place where Jesus walked on water?
10. Q: What was Matthew before he followed Jesus?
Answers will posted on the next Newsletter.
Last weeks anwsers:
1. Q: What four books tell about Jesus life on Earth? A: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
2. Q: What was most likely the first of Paul's letters written? A: 1 Thessalonians
3. Q: Even though Abram and Sarah were too old, what did God promise them? A: A son
4. Q: What did Joseph’s brothers tell their father had happened to him? A: They said Joseph was killed by a wild animal.
5. Q: When the Egyptians tried to follow the Israelites through the Red Sea, what happened? A: The water crashed on them and killed them all.
6. Q: What garden did Jesus go to when he prayed after the Last Supper? A: Garden of Gethsemane
7. Q: Who gave Jesus a crown made of thorns? A: Roman soldier
8. Q: What happened to the temple curtain when Jesus was killed? A: It was ripped
9. Q: What was rolled away from the entrance of the tomb? A: A large stone
10. Q: What day of the week did Jesus rise back to life? A: Sunday – the first day of the week